Varietal identification study of six wheat varieties using ISSR markers
The identification of cereal and horticultural varieties are important for registration and agricultural systems. The traditional way to variety identification is the recording of morphological characters using descriptors. But molecular markers may serve as a modern and suitable approach to variety identification such as ISSR. The objective of the study was to identify the 17 ISSR primers, 801~849, for varietal identification of six wheat varieties, Darkhan-34, Darkhan-166 (Arvin), Darkhan-131, Darkhan-144, Khalkhgol-1 and Tsogt. As a result of ISSR marker observation on varieties, Arvin can be identified with 817, Khalkhgol-1 with 817 and 827, Tsogt with 822, Darkhan-34 with 830, Darkhan-131 with 830 and 848 and Darkhan-144 with 827, 830 and 848 primers. Among the surveyed ISSR primers, five can be used as variety-specific primers, 817, 827, 822, 830 and 848.
Copyright (c) 2018 Tungalag M, Ariungerel M, Otgonbayar B, Myagmarsuren Ya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
All rights reserved. Submission of a manuscript implies
- that the submitted work has not been published before (except as part of a thesis or lecture note or report, or in the form of an abstract);
- that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere;
- that its publication has been approved by all co-authors as well as by the authorities at the institutions where the work has been carried out;
- that, if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors hand over the transferable copyrights of the accepted manuscript to the journal, and
- that the manuscript or parts thereof will thus not be published elsewhere in any language without the consent of the copyright holder.
Copyrights include electronic and visual reproduction and distribution; electronic storage and retrieval; and all other forms of publication or any other types of publication including all subsidiary rights.